Thursday 6 October 2022

JSG and D.I.A Gyaru Inspired Short DIY's plus Looks~

 

Hi cuties!

How are you all? We hope you are all good ^^ Now to blog about something that was in the past but we needed more photos so it's just happening now... Why don't we make things easier on ourselves!!! πŸ˜…

We got the idea to do a fun gyaru inspired DIY after Clairey saw some JSG skirts she fell in love with 😍. They were perfect... But also tiny and Clairey preferred shorts! So the seed was planted, Clairey was going to drag Amy into doing some gyaru inspired shorts πŸ’–


The skirt in question! JSG did the skirt in different colourways and it's just so cute. With the bow on the back it looked just like a present! We haven't been able to find any worn pics or model pics with this skirt, so please let us know if you have some.


What Clairey came up with! So initially these shorts were quite long, so we went about shortening it but leaving room to do some cute turn ups! We already had this leopard fabric from our usamimi's we created which was handy, it's so plush and soft. Instead of making a double layered bow she went for a single layered one to kind of match the feel of the shorts? Anyway Clairey is super happy with them. You can see both of our looks we did with our pieces further down in the post ^^ But now onto Amy's inspo and finished piece!



Amy chose D.I.A as inspiration for some tsuyome shorts. She wanted to use leopard print to match Clairey but also build her (small at the time) tsuyome wardrobe off of it and have leopard print be her animal print of choice! Amy really was inspired by the leopard print edging on so many D.I.A pieces and created this. 



To bring leopard detailing to the front Amy did a heart applique and applied some diamante alongside it πŸ’Ž.  Using the second shorts as inspiration she did the fur cuffs on the back pockets and used large metal buttons. Amy originally planned to make a matching top with leopard cuffs but unfortunately as you can already see in these photos Amy had lost some weight and the shorts ended up being too big. Never mind though as doing up these shorts inspired us to start sewing again after a year of burn out! So we definitely will be making more in the futureπŸ’– 

Even though both of these projects are simple and quick they created really cute shorts and sparked us off sewing again. It was really fun to play and create our own pieces 😊 These shorts came in perfect for an outfit challenge which was about our favourite boom - leopard print! πŸ†



Outfit Rundown
Usamimi: Magical Harts (we have closed our shop but might do small drops of usamimis in the future! πŸ‘€)
Necklace: Glavil by Tutuha
Top: Animal Kingdom Disneyworld
Hoodie: Ghost of Harlem
Bag: Boguta
Shorts: DIY
Legwarmers: Made by Amy πŸ’–

Clairey here πŸ’€Ahhh I think this is one of my fave coords I've ever done! πŸ’“ Dark but livened up by all the leopard and the shorts. I think these kind of looks are going to be one of my Autumn staples. The hoodie really helps give it some shape and makes it more rokku. Thanks Amy for buying it me! Also how cute is the leopard bow bag! We got them from a brand called Boguta which is a lolita Taoboa brand. Amy also has a pink version and we got the bags with multiple straps so it can be worn in different ways. Look out for a review from us soon.


I do kinda miss my pink and blonde hair. It was so gyaru and just made everything extra cute. Amy also helped me do this flicky style Kanako from Egg did πŸ’“. Thanks Amy! It gives the look more of an edge. I really like my make here too, rusty browns and oranges are my fave eyeshadows, my old reliable. Like I said before I think this is going to be my vibe going into Autumn and I can't wait to wear my shorts again. Amy bought us (sensing a pattern? Don't worry, I get her stuff too πŸ‘€) some matching Backs leopard cardigans so we can twin, so you will def see these shorts again πŸ˜‚ 


Outfit Rundown
Usamimi : Magical Harts (we have closed our shop but might do small drops of usamimis in the future! πŸ‘€)
Necklace : Primark
Top : Animal Kingdom Disney 🏰
Jacket: Missguided thrifted
    Belts: ASOS
Shorts: Me!

Amy here! ⭐ I really love doing all white outfits in tsuyome, they really stand out and go so well with gold jewellery and belts. When I saw this top at Disney I knew I had to get it, the bow is sequins and it's so fun. Unfortunately the top now is the only thing that fits 😭 I only wore the jacket once or twice too sad times. I was inspired to get a fringe jacket after seeing lots of fringe detailing by D.I.A, they're definitely one of my main inspirations at the moment.  



I feel like gold bronze eye make now is my uniform πŸ˜‚ I love it, it always works and goes with tsuyome so it will stay! I love how the blonde and pink wig went with the white outfit as well I feel super gyaru with it πŸ’–

This is how we started to get back into sewing and we cant wait to share some more of our projects with you. Amy has been doing laps around Clairey so you have definitely got more in store to come.

Blog Soon

Clairey and Amy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you both got inspired to sew again! It's always a good feeling to get back into the swing of things ♥ I love both pairs of shorts you guys made! Leopard is the best!!! Can't wait to see what y'all create next~
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! we love leopard print <3 yes it's so nice to get back into things that you have left no one can stop us now!

      Delete

New Years OOTD - One items Two Different Ways Leo Style!

Happy new years cuties!   This year our new years resolutions are to champion ourselves more, sew more and make more time for gyaru! Getting...