Sunday 30 May 2021

Knit knit knit ... for summer??

 Hey cuties!

We've been pretty busy thanks to work and Clairey's exams and making lots of exciting things for our shop! However, we still would try fit in a bit of knitting through out it all πŸ‘. In a previous post we shared our inspiration for Gyaru summer knits and last week we finished our first knits for the summer and had to wear them straight away!


Also this is my new hair colour (Amy)! I much prefer it to the peachy strawberry blonde and it's lasting much better too. I took a lot of inspiration from Aisyu for this hair colour and I think it suits my style much more πŸ’–


Look Breakdown

Usamimi: Magical Harts (Zebra coming soon!!!)
Necklaces: Playboy from Missguided & the lilac from holiday
Top: Handmade by us πŸ’–
Shorts: Walt Disneyworld

Clairey here πŸ’› Yayyy so today's look is featuring our summer knits we finished! And we both went for a very beachy old school gyaru theme. I was particulary inspired by 2000's gyaru with the hair and bright colours. I made my knit based of an old school Cocolulu piece I found. Being me, I totally went for all my neon yarns and mixed and matched them all the way through. The key item of my coord was the knit; so I matched my rainbow Disney balloon shorts with and I think they go really nicely ^^

(Found via Pinterest)

 
I'm so happy with this look. I totally want to continue this tan beachy vibe. I was so excited to be dressed back up in gyaru after having to take such a long break due to studies 😭 I went for warm hues on the eyes and underneath brought in a deep blue as if it was a sunset on a beach. I just wanna be somewhere warm okay 🌴 



Look Breakdown

Hair clip: Juicy Couture
Top: Handmade by me
Diamante Bra straps: Ebay
Shorts: Missguided Ebay
Belt: ASOS
Bracelet: Primark

Amy here, I'm so happy with this knit πŸ’– I crossed the straps to make it extra Y2K sexy but also to match the criss cross gyaru camisoles and bras. Of course I had to make it in pink my favourite colour and I chose to add to the layering element with the fake playboy diamante bra straps. I wanted to wear one of my new D.I.A belts but I only have black ones which clashed too much so I went more y2k with the butterfly belt πŸ¦‹ With this bralette I wanted to emulate the D.I.A bras and make it a key point in my outfits and layer with them.



I based my outfit of Aisyu I love her style so much 🌞



Of course I had to try Clairey's usamimi on πŸ¦“ To match my hair and outfit, I chose to do pink eye make too. I really enjoyed my break from work and being able to wear gyaru again πŸ’–


We're already onto our next knits too and by this post this photo is already out of date πŸ˜‚


Also if you haven't seen from our banner we commissioned some art from this look from the crazy talented @froggie.hat on Instagram πŸ’•we love it so much it was time to make our blog banner more gyaru πŸ’‹

This summer is totally going to be hot gyaru summer vibes 😘


10 comments:

  1. Love your big bow oh my! You reminded me of a Vocaloid Kagamine Rin ♥ πŸ’

    Soaphoria ShinyShamp πŸ§ΌπŸ’‡ *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much! We love a good oversized bow aha <3

      Delete
  2. Aaaah those knit tops are gorgeous, I don't know which one I'd prefer!
    Also, that illustration is so so so so cute! <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie! Were so glad you like ^^ And yesss! It's so nice to have some art of both of us <3

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is so cool that you made your own tops!! I love summer knits right now and these are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling ♥ summer knits are super fun! Crochet beachy tops too are such a vibe~

      Delete
  4. I love oldschool knit tops ;_;♥ These came out so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling! And yesss, gotta love oldschool <3

      Delete
  5. LOVE both looks!!! These tops are tah die for! (♥A♥) and I adore the playboy accessories~~ (ps Aisyu is such an inspo omg. She always looks amazing!)
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your so lovely omg <3 thank you doll! And yesss Aiysu always pulls look.

    ReplyDelete

New Years OOTD - One items Two Different Ways Leo Style!

Happy new years cuties!   This year our new years resolutions are to champion ourselves more, sew more and make more time for gyaru! Getting...